The LATIN AMERICAN BANKING FEDERATION – FELABAN is a non-profit entity created in Mar del Plata, Argentina in 1965 by the banking associations and other agencies of 19 Latin American countries, encompassing over 500 regional banks.
- Promote and facilitate the contact, understanding and direct relationships between the financial entities in Latin America, irrespective of the internal political issues of each country.
- Contribute to, by means of its technical services, the coordination of criteria and to the unification of general banking and financial usage and practices in Latin America.
- Cooperate, within the scope of its own activities, a more efficient economic development in Latin American countries and to the economic integration movements in which they participate.
- Endeavor by all means available to promote the development and wellbeing of the countries where its members reside.
- Procure a greater financial deepening and a greater access to financial services for populations with low incomes as a way to contribute towards the reduction of poverty in Latin American countries.